Pages

Thursday 5 December 2013

The Bloom Energy Server (The Bloom Box)



For all the people that know my blog, I am sure you guys know how much I am into renewable energy.
I was surfing the net last night and found something really cool.
Maybe some of you have heard of this technology but for me I was blowen away, specially because I only heard about it last night and this is now a few years old.

The Bloom Box:
The Bloom Energy Server (the Bloom Box) is a solid oxide fuel cell (SOFC) made by Bloom Energy, of Sunnyvale, California, that can use a wide variety of inputs (including liquid or gaseous hydrocarbons produced from biological sources) to generate electricity on the site where it will be used.
It can withstand temperatures of up to 1,800 °F (980 °C), that would cause many other fuel cells to break down or require maintenance. According to the company, a single cell (one 100 mm × 100 mm metal alloy plate between two ceramic layers) generates 25 watts.

Bloom stated that two hundred servers have been deployed in California for corporations including eBay, Google and Wal-Mart.




1 comment:

  1. Toll Free Numbers - Of the many tools available to new businesses, few can have as significant an impact on the company's public image as a Toll Free Numbers with a virtual PBX system.

    ReplyDelete